Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The letter G

I was driving to work after dropping off the kiddos at school and I got thinking about the letter G.  I can’t quite remember why this popped into my head.  The letter g at the beginning of a word typically has a ‘guh’ sound not a ‘juh’ sound.  So tell me why George is not spelled Jorje?  Girl, grill, great, golly, gorgeous, gallop, gumption, great, giggly, etc, all ‘guh’.  Now let’s try to think of ‘juh’ sounding g’s… George, Georgette.  It’s the only one I can think of.  Any other ‘juh’ g words out there - please stand up. 
And the Hubby wonders why when he asks me what I’m thinking about (obviously he can tell I’m in deep thought) that I say “nothing”.  Because why go there when the thought on my mind is about the way letters sound.   It’s not like there is much conversation to go with the thought.  But obviously I thought it was a blog worthy.  Speaking of blogging.  Ray said something the other day and I said – “oh, that is so bloggable”.  Me thinkith I’m getting a little carried away-ith. 
Oh, thought of one more- giraffe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment