Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What's been goin onnnn

We are dorks!
I've missed blogging the last several days.  Life is getting in my way.  I'm not complaining though, don't get me wrong.  Just haven't had the time to blog.  This is what's been going on in my life lately.  Friday, Mariah and I left for Muncie Indiana for a youth church event called Acquire the Fire.  Perhaps you've heard of it.  It was Friday and Saturday.  The best part of the whole thing was Friday night's concert- Casting Crowns was there.  They are AwEsOmE.  It was nice to get away with my daughter, friends and family.  BTW, my daughter = hilarious.  We typically always have a lot of fun together- if she leaves the attitude behind and is not ____ (I'm trying to think of the word she hates to be called... grumpy? irritable? a grump?)  ;) 
Oh and I sang the whole 2+ hours to the event.  And if you don't know this already, I'm not the best singer in the world to other people other than myself :D  Poor Mariah.  Although I personally think that I DID get progressively better by the end of the night. 
Coming home Saturday night, it was late.  Me + car ride + night = zzzzzzzz zzz zzzz night night.  Not good when I'm the driver.  So to stay away I made Mariah keep me talking.  We talked about all kinds of stuff but mostly about childhood memories- only the good ones.  My fav's are always revolved around vacations.  So note to self - take kids on vacations - its memorable.  Not that I ever needed another reason to go on vacation.  I'm NEVER opposed to them.  My checkbook is.  Dang that checkbook.  This year though, it's on.  Let the vacation/vacations begin!  We are going to Disney.  Thanks to the IRS and a little thing called tax refund :)  Can not wait until this hits the account.  I have so many plans for that money.  Pay off bills, take vacation, grad presents (daughter Tuz, sis Victoria, other sis (college) Kay).  I have several presents in mind for them.  I'm totally in to going on an adventure.  Such as this one: CLICK ME  How much fun would that be???   I KNOW!, RIGHT?
Back to drive home on Saturday night, did not get home until 12:15. AM.  AND it was the night to turn the clocks UP a whole HOUR!  Yep, I skipped church that day. 
Which brings me to Sunday.  I dropped an entire bar of soap into the toilet.  Apparently soap doesn't flush like I thought it should.  It gets stuck in the gooseneck(?).  So the man of the house graciously borrowed my dad's snake. (Which when we were discussing the use of the snake, Mariah says "Not a real snake, right?" LOL)  He heroically broke the soap down and we were once again able to flush the toilet all the way and have everything go down the way its supposed to!  YAY.  At least we were snaking soap and not something else.......... Ew. 
Before she got to the scissors
Then Sunday night.  Ray cut her gorgeous curly blond locks.  GRRR.  Future post. 


See, busy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment