Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Meet Patti

Fun things happen at work.  One of them is a friendly competition among other businesses to grow the biggest most beautiful Shamrock plant.  I know you are thinking... Um Joy.  That is not that fun.  PEOPLE - doing non work things at work is totally fun!  And just for your information it wasn't us that came up with this little competition thank you very much.  It was thrust upon us and we are taking it on, whole heartedly and with a passion that will put all green thumbers (word? IDK) to shame.  We are all playing a part in the nurturing of our little Shamrock aka Patti.  Of course I will keep you up to date on our progress!  You didn't even need to ask! 
Meet Patti.  Freda name it.  We love it.
Patti

Technical name: Oxalis acetosella.  But she prefers Patti.

The Bossman purchased a beautiful teal pot (I'm going to name it... just don't have that perfect name for it yet) for our little one to live out its beginning days in.  (I might have to steal it for my aloe plant once its no longer home to Patti... shhhh!)  It's gorgeous.
How preat! (pretty + neat)

Freda and I used some of these rocks to put in the bottom of the no name (Cascades?) pot for good drainage.  These are premium rocks let me tell you.  We picked them with tender loving care.  I won't tell you that we probably had to use these choice rocks because they were the only rocks we could find, outside of scraping gravel off the side of the road. 
Cream of the crop rocks

Then Tanner sent Stan to find some dirt.  She specifically wanted a little ground dirt because it has clay in it and that will help hold the water better.  See how much we our looking out for our little Patti's best interests!

What happened next I'm a little fuzzy on because actual work got in the way of my desire document every moment so I can blog the whole thing *from home of course.
So by the time I was done, this is what had transpired:  Freda so graciously brought in some miracle grow soil from home so we can give our little plant a yummy feast we just know she will enjoy (apparently is smells like cat food also).  And Freda sent her lover out with a little shovel to gather some mulch so that we can preciously surround our tender shoots of green with the joy of mulchiness.  Sigh.  The joys of being shamrock.  Ah, so much love.
Mulch Love

The end of the day Shamrock was sitting happily in her new home of Preat? Casca? (short for Cascades).  Enjoying her perch at the front counter of my desk listening to me explain the ins and outs of all things insurance mixed  with a few er a lot of my own personal stories. 

Tanner giving our lil Patti a drink
Tomorrow I'll get her beginning measurements so we can track how fast our office baby is growing.  Funny, tomorrow I have to get measurements taken so I can track how fast (hopefully) I shrink.  :)  Till tomorrow I'm going to enjoy a nice frozen Thin Mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment