Monday, March 7, 2011

Picture Day

Lets discuss school picture day.  It stresses me OUT! 
Ray being glamorawesome
The first set of pictures around the beginning of September, no problem, it's expected, they wear their uniforms, all I need to do it comb the hair.  Piece of cake.  In the last couple of years they have now sprung spring (like that?) pictures at me.  We never had this when I went to school.  And not only do they surprise me with it two days before the event they also say they are welcome to wear whatever they want (within their guidelines).  Now let me clarify this is not a public school, so jeans - not in guideline.  I flirted with the idea of foregoing these spring pics to save on money and stress, then I felt bad because frankly you can not have too many pictures of your kids. Or as Ray would say "I am not a kid, I am a child".  So... too many pictures of your children.  For Ray the only stress is her hair.  Its crazy, I'm just saying. (By the way I'm just saying is a phrase I'm not entirely thrilled with that I say all too often).  Ray's clothes, not a prob, she doesn't really care what she wears except for the occasional times she might think she looks weird like the time I tried sending her to school wearing a Bengals jersey.  COME ON RAY!  What is weird about that!  I thought she looked glamorous :)  Or it could be that I just think the Bengals are awesome- even when they're not.  And Ray is always glamorous.  So add Bengals + Ray = GLAMORAWESOME!  So back to picture day, I throw a decent shirt and some black pants on her - totally within guidelines and then comb her hair to the best of my ability especially after waking up 45 minutes later than normal (adding to the stress of pic day). 
Mariah?  I asked her if she wanted her picture taken and she said she has nothing to wear.  Which I believe, because in reality she has uniform pants and jeans that's about the extent of it.  And besides a uniform shirt she has no normal shirts that would go with the pants.  Needless to say, to avoid an inevitable argument an undue anxiety I let it go and decided the pictures she takes of herself on her IPOD will work for a spring picture.  I am fully intent on blowing one up and framing it. TEEHEEHEEEEEEE.  I just have to figure out how to get it away from her and then how to get the pic off it.  Such a weird thing to be stressed about... Picture Day.

Possible spring picture minus the friend? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment